Director of HealthVisions of East St. Louis
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for planning, implementing, and managing faith-based community health and wellness programs in the East St. Louis community through collaborative arrangements with local organizations. Supervise team members and operations of the HealthVisions of East St. Louis. The Director strives to exemplify the mission, vision and values of HealthVisions Midwest, Inc and the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ (PHJC).
1. Develop and maintain strategic and operations for HealthVisions Midwest of East St. Louis office staff, programs, expansion and execution of its mission and vision in collaboration with Executive Director and Director of Operations.
2. Build partnerships, establish relationships with funders, political, faith-based and community leaders to fulfill the mission and meet unmet needs in line with the vision. Ensure that the vision, commitment and mission of the PHJC for serving the poor in East St. Louis is effectively fulfilled and communicated to the staff, volunteers and community.
3. Conduct ongoing programming and evaluation of services, quality of services and financial management and administration of services. Develop and implement effective systems to track performance of goals, outcomes and regularly evaluate program components to measure success and effectively communicate to funders, staff, governing and advisory boards.
4. Identify and secure funding sources to address target issues through grants and other fund development activities. Responsible for grant writing and timely reporting to meet the mission of HealthVisions Midwest, Inc. Prepare and monitor annual and grant budgets and reports with the Director of Operations.
5. Recruit, screen, train, and maintain an Advisory Board and secure board involvement in strategic directions, programming and fiduciary objectives. Provide timely reports and updates to the board.
6. Develop and monitor annual and long-term goals and strategies. Work with stakeholders, funders, boards and staff to develop, implement and evaluate the goals.
• Master’s Degree, or equivalent level of knowledge obtained through a combination of education and experience in social work, health education, health care management, community development, counseling or related field.
• 10 years in management of department, program, social work or nonprofit management.
• Grant writing, fund development, strategic planning and public speaking experience is required.
• Experience in marketing and social media is helpful.
• Faith-based individual with local community connection.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of planning and management sufficient to direct and oversee programs.
• Knowledge of the purpose, organization and mission of the East St. Louis community health programs sufficient to interact with the community.
• Self-Directed individual exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, integrity, discretion, and decision-making to achieve East St. Louis ministry.
Salary Range: $65,500 to $70,000
Send resume and references to Velda Habaj at [email protected]